Do you want to know about the amendments on taxation laws? You are on the right page. This is an informative guide which will help you gain an insight on taxation laws amendment act and also give you tips on filing an amended return.
The tax laws are broken down into simpler terms in order for you to follow the laws in easier terms. To ease this confusion, you can refer to the following points below.
- After you have retired, you can take one-third of your savings and the rest will be required to buy a pension. The main amendments made affect the retirement and provident fund plans.
- It does not matter where you have crossed the age of 55 years. You are still eligible to take the benefits for your retirement as cash. Note that it does not affect your resignation in any way, if you are a provident fund member.
If you have mistakenly put in wrong information or data in your tax preparation, then you have a chance to fix our errors related to tax. Using the Amended tax return, you can make amendment. Here are some steps that you can take if you want to keep up with amended tax return.
- You can file an amended tax return using form 1040. You must use this form only if there has been an alteration in your income, status, credits or deductions. If it is just for the correction of calculation or math errors, then you need not file an amended tax return.
- You need to file this within three years. You need to fill in the correct information on the form of amended tax return form about the year of your original tax return.
- You should also think about reducing our penalties and interests. To do that, you can pay the additional taxes that you owe.
- You can always track the status of your amended tax return on the website. There is an automatic tool which will show you the current status of your amendment.
However, if you are unsure about your tax preparation, then you can always hire a tax preparer. When you hire a tax preparer, you must ensure that the individual has an ITIN number. Keep upgraded with the new tax laws and amendments. It may help you when you are caught off-guard with a mistake that you may have made in your tax preparation.
Our online tax software gives you the most accurate return and the largest possible refund you are entitled to receive. If there is an error in the preparation of your return that results in penalties and interest, we will reimburse you for the associated penalty and interest initially assessed
“The Tax Preparer who helped me was so knowledgeable and professional. She was not rushing to get me in and out. My Tax was return was fully explained and all of my questions were answered. Also, we were educated on how we can save on our taxes in the future, something we have never experienced before. The service we received was exceptional! I cant wait to come back and file again with M&M Tax Group next year!”
CONNECT WITH US
Stay connected with us on social media for the latest tax tips!